RF4CE specification is based on Zigbee standard to offer an immediate, low-cost, and easy to implement solution for control products.
About this Solution:
RF4CE specification is designed to control a wide range of products including home entertainment devices, keyless entry systems and more applications. ZF4CE is used in small-scale family. The advantage of RF4CE is that can connect with other product with different chip supplier.
Some of the characteristics of an RC network
- Operation in the 2.4GHz frequency band according to IEEE 802.15.4
- Frequency agile solution over 3 channel (CH 15, 20, 25)
- Incorporates Power saving mechanisms for all device classes.
- Service discovery mechanism with full application confirmation.
- Paring mechanism with full application confirmation.
- Multiple star topology with inter-PAN communication.
- Various transmission options including broadcast.
- Security key generation mechanism.
- Utilizes the industry standard AES-128 security scheme.
- Specifies a simple RC control profile for CE products.
- Allows standard or vendor specific profile to be added.
Logical node types :
Two logical nodes types in RF4CE – Target and Controller.
Target node : End Products(TV DVD, STB etc.)
- Establishing its own network
- Allow other nodes to establish paring links with it.
- Implements Frequency agility function.
- Change its operating channels as necessary based on local interference conditions.
- Used in main powered nodes.
node : End products(Remote controls etc.)
- Establish paring licks with one or more target nodes in its neighborhood.
- Send application data packet.
- Suitable for battery operated nodes.
Fully peer to peer system with direct communications between nodes.
This Solution is most applicable for the following stages and categories: