Silicon Lab EM357 based IEEE 802.15.4 / ZigBee Modules
About this Solution:
The RX-357x module is a ZigBee™ network solution that based on Silicon LabsTM EM357 SoC which integrates a 2.4Ghz, IEEE 802.15.4-compliant transceiver with an 32-bit ARM Cortex M3 microprocessor. It contains integrated Flash and RAM memory and peripherals of use to designers of ZigBee-based applications.
The transceiver utilized an efficient architecture in which the integrated receiver channel filtering allows for co-existence with other communication standards in the 2.4Ghz spectrum such as WiFi and Bluetooth. An optional high performance radio mode (boost mode) is software selectable to boost dynamic range by a further 3dBm. The highly integrated antenna, power regulator, and Xtal keep the external component count low. The internal PCB traced antenna and an external U.FL connector port is user selectable1. This maximum the flexibility for the designer to minimize the cost or maximize the system performance.
The EM357 has 192kB of embedded Flash memory and 12kB of integrated RAM for data and program storage. The EM357 software stack employs an effective wearleveling algorithm in order to optimize the lifetime of the embedded Flash.
To support user-defined application, a number of peripherals such as GPIO, UART, SPI, TWI(I2C), ADC, and general purpose timers are integrated. Also, an integrated voltage regulator, power-on-reset circuitry, sleep timer, and low-power sleep modes are available. The deep sleep mode draws less than 2uA, allowing products to achieve long battery life. The equipped internal watch-dog timer allows the system to be reactivated once the system go into a dead-lock state. This mechanism makes the system more reliable and available.
- Silicon Labs™ EM357 platform
- 192KB Flash memory
- 12KB SRAM
- 32-bit ARM Cortex M3 microprocessor
- 17 general purpose I/O ports
- DMA-SPI, I2C and UART interfaces
- Integrated 14-bit resolution ADC
- Designed for EmberZNet ZigBee Pro compliant
- Miniature footprint: 2cm x 3cm
- Integrated PCB trace antenna and U.FL external
- antenna connector
- 16 RF channels
- Over indoor 30m and outdoor visual contact 300m of
- Non-intrusive debug interface (SIF)
- AES 128-bit encryption
- Low power consumption
- Constant RF out power over 2.1~3.6 V voltage range
- FCC and NCC under certification
- RoHS compliant
- Home automation and control
- Building automation and control
- Smart energy monitoring and control
- General ZigBee wireless sensor networking
This Solution is most applicable for the following stages and categories: