Unleashing a Low-Power Hardware module for wearable and other consumer and industrial edge devices, including S/W platform and a new reference design
About this Solution:
Intel is a world leader in computing innovation. The company designs and builds the essential technologies that serve as the foundation for the world's computing devices. As a leader in corporate responsibility and sustainability, Intel also manufactures the world's first commercially available "conflict-free" microprocessors.
The Intel Curie Module:
The Intel Curie module is a tiny hardware product offering design flexibility. The complete, low-power solution comes with compute, motion sensors, Bluetooth low energy, battery charging capabilities, and pattern matching capabilities for optimized analysis of sensor data- enabling quick and easy identification of actions and motions.
The module is packaged into a very small form factor and runs a new software platform created specially for Intel Curie module.
Powered by the Intel Quark SE SOC, the Intel Curie module is extremely power efficient and ideal for " always-on" applications such as health and wellness, social notifications, and sports activities. The Intel Quark SE SOC integrates a pattern classification engine that allows it to identify different motions and activities quickly and accurately.
- Low-power, 32-bit Intel QuarkTM microcontroller
- 384kB flash memory, 80kB SRAM
- Low-power, integrated DSP sensor hub and pattern matching technology
- Bluetooth Low Energy
- 6-axis combo sensor with accelerometer and gyroscope
- Battery charging circuitry (PMIC)
Intel Software Platform
Created specially for the Intel Curie module, the new software platform is an end-to end solution designed to assist developers by increasing the speed and ease of the development of a wide variety of wearable products.
The platform includes all of the hardware, firmware, software, SDK and services needed for a variety of use cases. The software platform, which support iOS and Android devices, allows manufacturers to create their own unique and differentiated products.
Intel IQ Software Kits
Intel IQ Software Kits combine algorithms, device software, application and cloud software to help customers incorporate advanced functionality into their wearable designs and provide a use experience that offers greater utility and value. The kits include a small and efficient real-time operating system (RTOS), middleware service and drivers, customizable cloud portals as well as basic device management, visualization and analytics features.
Intel IQ Software Kits include:
- Trust IQ establishes the identity of the user of the wearable device and enables personalized and secure experiences with services that required authentication.
- Time IQ aims to improve the efficiency o wearable user's daily routines and accomplish tasks with contextually-aware notifications.
- Body IQ enables capabilities related to physical activities, including counting steps and calculating calories burns as well as providing data visualizations to help achieve goals.
- Social IQ supports social interactions, including communication via phone, social networks and SMS with peers and brands.
This Solution is most applicable for the following stages and categories:
- Working prototype
- Improving electronic board
- Industrial Applications
- Sports Devices
- Toys & Games
- Smart Home Devices
- Health Devices
- Science Gadgets