A dedicated hackathon for eny, a battery-less smart button that can become a trigger to connect any IoT device and web services/application.
About this Solution:
- The eny hackathon is an opportunity to utilize our “battery-less smart button” eny, to promote your innovative smart home product or service to the world.
- This is way more than a normal hackathon, as participants will get the opportunity to not only pitch their team and products, but moreover have the chance to get seed funding, exposure to seed-focused venture capital firms and opportunities for partnerships with Panasonic management.
- Our partner for the event will be Neura, whose machine learning algorithms give functionality to eny by analyzing tracking sensor data recorded on user’s devices. This in turn allows Neura to gain an in-depth contextual knowledge of the user.
- Participant's ideas need to be submitted before the event and must fully explain your product and give details on how you will utilize eny to improve the user experience.. Only qualified finalists will be invited to the hackathon event (maximum 10 teams).
About eny (Official Site)
eny is a maintenance free smart button powered by energy harvesting technology. It can connect with anything via IFTTT and other 3rd party platforms. Once it is set up, it doesn’t require any other devices such as smartphones.
Reason to Participate
- Attract users with our UI: By utilizing the ultra-simple eny UI, you can drastically increase the usability of your device.
- Win prizes: Chance to win significant cash prizes and enrollment in a premium sourcing program.
- Get exposure: Opportunity to get to exposure to seed-focused venture capital firms and form partnerships with Panasonic management.
What We Provide
- eny developer kit
- Basic option (Free): To be provided on Jan 21st and returned after hackathon. Advanced shipping & Takeaway option ($100): Advanced shipping starting from Dec 10th and participants can take away devkit.
- Student option (Free): For students participants, we provide 1 eny button per team for free at the same and to be returned.
- Neura SDK
- Connected device and appliance (TBD)
- Teams have to include a developer.
- Teams with their own product will be given priority. It is not required for the product to already be on the market.
- Participation fee is $5/person. (Only for those accepted for the Hackathon event. No charge for submission)
Galvanize San Francisco SOMA (44 Tehama St, San Francisco, CA 94105)
- eny Prize
1st prize: $5,000
2nd prize: $2,000
3rd prize: $1,000
- Neura Prize
1st prize Amazfit Smart Sports Watch
2nd prize Amazrif arc band
3rd prize Equator fitness tracker
ALL Neura Prize winners receive 1 year free usage of Neura API
- HWTrek Prize
Premium Sourcing Service worth 5,000 USD
- Draper University Prize
$2000 scholarship for Draper University
Agenda for Hackathon Day
9:30 Opening the venue
10:00 Welcome + Kick-off
10:30 Introduction of eny button + Neura
18:30 Judging + Networking
19:00 Result announcement
- Value to users: Does the product or service solve a customer pain point or provide a benefit to the customer’s life??
- User experience: How has the team made use of eny to improve customer experience?
- Distinctiveness vs. existing solution: How is the solution unique to existing products or services?
This Solution is most applicable for the following stages and categories:
- Brainstorming an idea
- Proof of concept
- Working prototype
- All categories