My first start-up Sendit was the first European company to be bought by Microsoft.
As co-founder and CTO of the smartphone maker i-mate we floated on the London Stock Exchange with a value of $400M USD after 5 years. Currently I help Vertu build luxury smartphones as Head of ODM, and run the R&D satellite office in Taipei.
Vertu aspires to maintain the position of world leader in luxury telecommunications by delivering to its Customers exceptional Quality and Service across all aspects of the organisation.
Vertu’s commitments are to:
- Use superior customer understanding to develop luxury mobile handsets, and associated products and services that delight our customers.
- Continually monitor and improve our quality, Health and Safety, and environmental performance through the setting, review and achievement of measurable objectives and targets.
- Enable our employees to make their best contribution to the business by investing in them to continually develop understanding, skills and confidence.
- Minimise the environmental impact of our products and processes, facilitate the prevention of pollution, limit waste, and conserve resources.
- Meet, and where possible, exceed the requirements of all relevant legislation and codes of practice.
- Conduct all our business practices with integrity, reinforcing the trust of all our customers.
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships with all our stakeholders and work with them to meet the same quality and environmental standards which we embrace.
- Maintain an effective Business Management System designed to meet the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001.
- Correct any process, procedure or condition that is not in compliance with this policy.