James is an award winning multi-disciplinary designer with projects spanning telecommunications, furniture, firearms, graphic design, and more.
He currently works within the IoT sector developing connected products for global and Asian markets with top shelf clients in telecommunications, banking, health and beauty, and social media. He has in-depth knowledge and process experience in product design, UX, product development, and manufacturing.
Working at Tektos
What I do
I am Head of Design at Tektos and I guide the design and development process of design and mechanical engineering elements within projects. Working closely alongside other designers, mechanical and electronic engineers, our sourcing team as well as QC technicians, the team and I create beautifully simple solutions that fulfil the client's requests.
- IoT climate sensors measuring air quality - temperature and humidity, VOC, CO2.
- Telecom accessories.
- Wireless chargers.
- Personal & asset protection devices.
UX / Apps
- App design - Efficient layout and design that is application and audience specific.
- UX - Understanding and implementing the flow of a product's use from seeing it on the shelf in a store, all the way through to usage, storage, and end of life.
- Multi-part assembly of various products including air quality sensors, connected devices, home security products, iBeacons, and mobile phone accessories.
- Meeting with a large variety of factories, each with their own unique capabilities, capacities.
- Most importantly, building strong relationships with factories and staff on a 1-on-1 basis to attain extra special levels of good will, production and industry insight.