Product realization, manufacturing startups and factory turnarounds.
Whether working with an EMS or OEM, or working with you in setting up a self-owned factory, I can help you get things right from the start, eliminating costly remediation later.
I'm an American living in grater China for the past three decades. I assist hardware startups by adding the China-based manufacturing expertise needed to move from prototype through to mass production and beyond.
MY CHINA-BASED EXPERTISE:
- Product realization from prototype to mass production (electronics, cables and medical product assembly)
- OEM project management
- Subcontracting via EMS
- Manufacturing startup
- Support for acquisition of China factories..
MY CHINA STORY:
I left the USA for Taiwan and China in 1987. After more than 10 years working in business intelligence, international trade and quality consulting, I fell into a China-based position requiring a significant manufacturing turnaround in 2000.
My first Chinese manufacturing turnaround -- an electronics startup that went horribly wrong-- went through several transformations. First as a non-productive, unmanaged tenant in squalor, to a functioning plant with greatly improved output, to an ISO certified facility, to a LEAN/JIT manufacturing operation led almost entirely by local talent.
My second turnaround produced similar results. I have found a personal formula that brings the value out of a Chinese manufacturing operation, even where others were prepared to shut the operation down.
- Several full turnarounds of factories in China, all resulting in acquisitions
- Product realization projects for top 500 companies as well as smaller electronics firms.
- Four factory relocations (One brownfield startup)
- 15 years leading continuous improvement with growth in China manufacturing
- Many US$ millions in productivity gains
- An American based in greater China since 1987, fluent in the language and in the business cultures of the region.
- A high-profile change leader, providing modern, ethical and highly effective leadership for western-owned manufacturers in mainland China since 2000.
- A thoughtful and creative manufacturing executive, adept at identifying, attracting and developing the local Chinese talent required for successful implementation of LEAN, JIT, Kanban and other strategies.
- An evangelist for continuous improvement and ethical manufacturing with a drill-down focus on cost, quality, service and social accountability.