Like all precision instruments, FIYTA watch needs regular maintenance to ensure correct operation. Due to differences between models, environments, and wearer’s habits, the required maintenance frequency varies. Typically, you should go to an FIYTA service center for a comprehensive inspection on the watch every two to three years.
The precision of a mechanical watch varies depending on the wearer’s habits. FIYTA watch may have a tolerance of between -10 and 25 seconds per day. The turning direction of the crown to setting the date and time varies depending on different models. Do not set time and date when watch indicates between 21:00 and 03:00 to avoid damaging the movement.
The ambient temperature affects the precision of a quartz movement, which will be between -0.5 and +0.5 seconds per day.
In order to keep your watch timing accurate, efficient and endurable, there are some special recommendations:
- Temperature: avoid exposing your watch to extreme temperatures(over 60℃ or 140℉ and under 0℃ or 32℉) and to sudden fluctuations in temperature. Magnetic field: avoid exposing your watch in a high-intensity magnetic field, e.g. around a loudspeaker or on a refrigerator or near other electromagnetic equipment. Shocks: avoid subjecting your watch to any shocks that may cause damage to the parts and movements of your watch.
- Water-resistance: the seal may be affected by aging of gasket and accidental shock. As recommended, get water-resistance test of your watch once a year in a FIYTA service center. In daily wearing, make sure screw-in the crown to avoid get watch inside of your watch. Do not operate the any chronograph button under water.
- Chemical products: avoid all direct contact with solvents, detergents, perfume, cosmetics, etc. which may damage the bracelet of strap, the case or the seals.
- Swimming: If not the professional diving watch, avoid wearing your watch for swimming or bathing very often. Always rinse your watch in fresh water after swimming in the sea and dry it by a soft cloth.
- Cleaning: For metal bracelet and water-resistant case, in case of dirty, use a small brush with soapy water to clean and a soft cloth for drying. Sunlight: Avoid direct exposure your watch in the sunlight for a long term, for it will accelerate fading and aging of watch parts(e.g. leather strap or PU strap)